Living in a disorganized home will cause undue stress for the entire family. Wasting valuable time hunting for items that you've misplaced is frustrating and counter-productive. De-clutter your life and relax in an organized home.
- Organize Kitchens, cupboards and pantries
- Organize Bedrooms, closets and dressers
- Organize children's rooms
- Organize home offices, filing cabinets and provide solutions for office storage
- Organize garages and work shops
- Help with downsizing challenges, editing and purging
- Source storage solutions for your “extra” treasures
- Provide ongoing services if required for maintenance
- Create a safe clutter free environment for seniors
- Revamp floor plans and furniture to facilitate easy accessibility
- Re-Organize household items for easy access.
- Divide & conquer – cut an organizing project into manageable pieces. For example, do one cabinet, shelf or closet and finish that space before you move on to the next.
- Every item must have a home of its own.
- Resist the urge to procrastinate! With clutter, there is no ‘later’, there is only ‘more’.
- When tackling clutter, start with an honest evaluation of your stuff. Be brutal – if you don’t need it, use it or love it, get rid of it.
- Use slim line felt hangers in your closets for more space and the felt keeps clothes from slipping
- Keep your kitchen tools as close as possible to wherever you use them.
- Label everything – it helps not only to find things, but it allows everyone to help with maintenance.
- Group like items together.
- Clear off your desk. Once you have a clear space to work, you can organize everything that used to be piled on it.
- Don’t put it down, put it away.
- Use see-through containers whenever possible and label everything so you know what’s in them without having to open them.
- Clean out your medicine cabinet. Anything you haven’t used in months should go.
- Take 15 minutes at the end of each day to pick up and tidy the house. This will dramatically ease your weekend workload.
- Open mail over waste paper bin – always eliminate junk mail immediately.
- Store inactive files elsewhere. Only keep at your desk what you currently need.
- Only store what you use daily on bathroom and kitchen counters. Everything else can be kept out of sight.
- Think vertically to take advantage of wasted space. Choose containers that are stackable. Hang hooks or shelves to get stuff off the floor.
- Pick a room, any room. Ten minutes isn’t enough time for a hard-core cleaning, but it’s plenty of time for picking up and maybe some light dusting.
- Ask for help! Work with a friend, a family member or an organizer to help you stay motivated and positive.
“According to a recent survey, 27% of disorganized Canadians expressed an interest in working with a professional organizer.
(Leger Marketing November2009 for Professional Organizers in Canada).”
The Bizzy Butler… Your Personal Assistant for Life’s Busy Days
Serving: Vancouver, BC, Burnaby, North Vancouver, West Vancouver, Coquitlam, Port Coquitlam, Pitt Meadows,
Maple Ridge, Mission, Langley, Surrey, Delta, Lower Mainland, Fraser Valley, British Columbia, Canada